Botox®/Dysport® Post Care Instructions at En Vogue Medi-Spa in Southampton, PA, and Langhorne, PA
Read our botox®/dysport® treatment post care instructions designed to ensure that you achieve the best results!
Botox® Cosmetic & Dysport® Post-treatment Instructions
- Do NOT lie head down flat, touch, or rub the treated areas for at least 4 hours.
- Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment. These items may increase bleeding and bruising.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
- Avoid the use of Retin-A or similar products (ex. Kinerase, Tazarac) 2 days after treatment to avoid increased irritation or redness.
- Avoid cosmetic treatments such as laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion for 2 weeks after treatment with Dysport® or Botox®.
- Try to avoid wearing makeup until the day after treatment. Earlier use may cause pustules. If you must wear makeup we recommend a good quality mineral makeup for the face.
- Please report to your provider if any increased pain, increased swelling, redness, blisters, or itching immediately, should it occur following your treatment.
- The treatment may take 7-14 days to take full effect. It is recommended that the touchup, if needed, be done no later than 2 weeks after the initial treatment. (Touch-up cost is not covered by the initial appointment.)
- Avoid wearing hats or headbands after treatment.
- No exercise, Sauna or Excess Sweating for 24-48 Hours