Dermal Filler Post Care at En Vogue Medi-Spa in Southampton, PA, and Langhorne, PA
Read our dermal filler treatment post care instructions designed to ensure that you achieve the best results!
Dermal Filler Post-treatment Instructions
- Swelling, bruising, tenderness, numbness, and areas of firm nodules may occur.
- Cosmetic fillers are long lasting, but not permanent. Longevity depends on the areas treated and your body’s metabolism.
- DO NOT APPLY ANYTHING TO THE SKIN UNTIL THE DAY AFTER TREATMENT: No cleanser, moisturizer, or makeup!
- DO NOT massage, touch, or manipulate the injection site. Avoid heavy exercise the day of your treatment.
- Ice packs may be used to the treated area during the first 12 hours. Ice for 15 minutes on every hour.
- Avoid sleeping on your side or stomach for 24 hours post-treatment to prevent dispersing the product. We recommend you sleep elevated on your back and use pillows to stabilize yourself.
- If experiencing swelling, sleep with head elevated for 2-3 days to decrease swelling.
- You may take acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- For most patients, the benefits of dermal fillers can be enhanced by using a medical-grade skincare system. Please contact your provider or a member of the staff for product recommendations.
- If you experience bruising, Arnica Montana natural supplement (available at the En Vogue Front Desk) can be taken to help bruising to resolve at a faster rate; take as directed (this can be started 1 week prior to injections).
- If you experience any of the following symptoms, contact our office immediately: dusky or white discoloration of injected areas, mottling or unusual bruising, severe or increasing pain, redness, increasing warmth or coolness to touch, severe swelling, itching, blisters, difficulty swallowing or smiling, fever, or chills. If you notice onset of any of these symptoms, call our office immediately at (215) 355-5777 to speak with the En Vogue Patient Care Team.