Laser Hair Removal Pre and Post Care Instructions at En Vogue Medi-Spa
Read our laser hair removal pre and post care instructions designed to ensure that you properly prepare for your treatment session at En Vogue Medi-Spa! Our clinics are located in Southampton, PA and Langhorne, PA. For more information, contact our friendly staff to schedule a consultation. We are open 5 days a week and serve clients from Southampton PA, Langhorne PA, Newtown PA, Woodmont PA, Willow Grove PA, Horsham PA, Levittown PA, Parkland PA, and surrounding areas.
Laser Hair Removal
PrepCare (what to do before your appointment)
- Area must be shaved 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- The closer the shave the better.
- Bikini services, don’t shave the part where you want to keep the hair.
- No makeup/lotion/deodorant on the day of your appointment (on treatment area).
- Stay out of direct sunlight for at least 3 days prior to your appointment (& 3 days after).
- Do not use self-tanner or spray tan products for at least 2 weeks before your treatment to avoid potential injury.
- Avoid drinking more than 2 alcoholic beverages 24 hours before your treatment.
- Avoid waxing/threading/tweezing in the area for at least 4 weeks. Shaving is ok!
important notes: laser services cannot be performed on ladies who are pregnant, breastfeeding or trying to conceive.
Laser Hair Removal
Post Care (what to do after your appointment)
- Redness & Bumps are normal.
Immediately after your treatment, redness & bumps at the treatment area are common; these may last up to 2 hours or longer. It is normal for the treated area to feel like a sunburn for a few hours. You should use a cold compress if the sensitivity continues. If there is any crusting, apply an antibiotic cream. Darker pigmented skin may have more discomfort than lighter skin & may persist longer.
- Cleanse the area treated gently.
The treated area may be washed gently with a mild soap. Skin should be patted dry & not rubbed during the first 48 hours.
- No makeup & lotion/moisturizer/deodorant for the first 24 hours.
Keep the treated area clean & dry, if further redness or irritation persists, skip your makeup & moisturizer, & deodorant (for underarms) until the irritation has subsided.
- Dead hairs will begin to shed 5-30 days after your treatment.
Stubble, representing dead hair being shed from the hair follicle, will appear within 5-30 days from the treatment date. that is normal & they will fall out quickly.
- Exfoliate to speed up hair shedding.
Anywhere from 5-30 days after the treatment, shedding of the hair may occur & this may appear as new hair growth. It is not new hair growth, but the dead hair pushing its way out of the follicle.
- Avoid the sun.
Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of dark or light spots for 2-4 weeks. Use sunscreen (SPF 25 or higher) at all times throughout the treatment period & for 1-2 months following.
- Do not pick/scratch/wax/thread/tweeze the area.
Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. do not use any other hair removal methods or products, other than shaving, on the treated area during the course of your laser treatments, as it will prevent you from achieving the best results.
- Hair growth varies.
On average, most will experience a level of hairless happiness after 6-9 sessions which will result in not even checking for stubble (yes, it’s life changing!).
- If you have any questions, comments or concerns post treatment please contact the office directly at (215) 355-5777.