Microneedling Pre and Post Care Instructions at En Vogue Medi-Spa in Southampton, PA
Read our microneedling treatment pre and post care instructions designed to ensure that you properly prepare for your treatment session at En Vogue Medi-Spa!
- Avoid sun exposure a week prior to treatment
- Discontinue retinoids and tretinoin 72 hours prior to treatment
- Wait 6 months after Accutane (Isotretinoin) before seeking treatment
- Do not take ibuprofen prior to treatment, Acetominophen (Tylenol) is acceptable to take.
- If prone to cold sores, begin medication (ex: Valex) a few days prior to treatment
- If active cold sores, open lesions, or active breakouts occur, please reschedule your appointment.
Microneedling Post Care
- Avoid sun exposure
- Use post balm for the first 24 hours to ease tightness and keep skin hydrated.
- Do not wash your face for 24 hours after treatment, use a gentle wash, post balm, and mineral spf your esthetician recommends after that.
- Avoid high heat activities such as sweating, swimming, hot tubs, saunas, exercise, for 48 hours.
- Do not apply anything to the skin such as make-up, SPF or products of any kind for 24 hours.
- Avoid harsh ahas, bhas, exfoliants such as scrubs, glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, and retinols for 7 days. No cleansing brushes.
- No skin treatments such as facials, chemical peels, etc for 2 weeks.
- Avoid headbands, hats or scarves on the treated area.
- Redness and/or swelling is common and will resolve within 2-3 days.
- Flaking/peeling can occur 3-4 days after treatment, do not pick, let it fall off naturally.
- Pimples/minor breakouts can occur after treatment, do not pick or apply topicals, they will go away on their own.
- Swelling, redness, bruising is normal and will go away.
If flaking and peeling has stopped, you may start your normal skin care after 7 days