Morpheus8 Prep and Post Care Instructions at En Vogue Medi-Spa
Read our Morpheus8 treatment pre and post care instructions designed to ensure that you properly prepare for your treatment session at En Vogue Medi-Spa! Our clinics are located in Southampton, PA and Langhorne, PA. For more information, contact our friendly staff to schedule a consultation. We are open 5 days a week and serve clients from Southampton PA, Langhorne PA, Newtown PA, Woodmont PA, Willow Grove PA, Horsham PA, Levittown PA, Parkland PA, and surrounding areas.
- Topical retinoid therapy should be discontinued 2-4 days prior to treatment
- Avoid any prolonged exposure to the sun, if you must be in the sun use a zinc oxide sunscreen of at least SPF 30.
- Avoid taking anticoagulants (aspirin, mobic, ibuprofen, naproxen) for one week if the medical condition allows.
- Arrive at your appointment with clean skin. There should be no lotion, makeup, perfume, powder, bath, or shower oil present on the skin to be treated. You will be given the opportunity to remove your make-up in the event this was not possible.
What to Expect
- Immediately after your treatment, most patients will experience a clinical endpoint of erythema (redness) for 1-3 days, however for more aggressive treatments, this may last longer. Slight to moderate edema (swelling) and mild to moderate sunburn sensation are also common post-treatment and may last 1-3 days. The skin may crust and peel for 2-7 days depending on the treatment setting.
- The skin may feel warm and tighter than usual
- The skin may crust and peel for 3-7 days after treatment
- Redness and swelling may last for 3-4 days
- Before discharge a topical ointment may be applied to the face, no bandages or wraps are necessary. You may be given samples of a topical balm to use for the 3 days after the procedure or you may apply Aquaphor if you chose.
- Makeup may not be worn for 24 hours after the procedure. If there are no areas with active oozing and warm redness, makeup may be applied after this time.
- You may resume the use of your usual skin care products (usually 2-3 days). Retinoids may be used 5-7 days after treatment.
- There are no restrictions on bathing except to treat the skin gently, and avoid scrubbing or trauma to the treated areas as if you had a sunburn.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation (darker pigmentation).
- The use of zinc oxide sunblock spf 30 at all times after 24-48 hours.
- Multiple treatments over a period of several months may be required to achieve the desired response.
- You will notice immediate as well as longer-term improvements in your skin. The time for skin cell turnover is 28 days so most people will begin to see increased results after this time.
- If you have any questions, comments, or concerns post-treatment please contact En Vogue Medi-Spa directly at (215) 355-5777 to speak with our Patient Care Team.